In the ProGen Study Group, assignments are meant to develop or sharpen useful skills for professional genealogists.
Chapter 2, Educational Preparation
- Evaluate your strengths and weaknesses and write a personal education plan.
Chapter 6, Executing Contracts
- Write or revise your client contract.
Chapter 8, Structuring a Business
- Develop a formal plan to guide your business.
Chapter 13, Problem Analyses and Research Plans
- Perform a detailed analysis on a research problem and develop a formal research plan.
Chapter 14, Research Procedures
- Create a resource guide for your locality or area of specialization.
Chapter 12, Reasoning from Evidence
- Supplemental reading: “Fundamentals of Evidence Analysis” in Evidence Explained, by Elizabeth Shown Mills.
- Evidence Analysis exercise using the “Research Process Map” found in Evidence Explained.
Chapter 18, Research Reports
- Write a formal research report following the standards in the chapter.